2009 Graduate Exhibition Award Winners
Arts & Humanities
- BEATE BRUNOW. The College of the Liberal Arts/GERMAN. "Dramatic Inquiries: Encountering Performances of Female Creativity"
- JOSHUA R. BROWN. The College of the Liberal Arts/GERMAN. "Patterns of Linguistic and Religious Change among Central Pennsylvania's Anabaptists"
- RUTH ALONSO. The College of the Liberal Arts/SPANISH. "The Function of Authorship in the Novels of Javier Marías"
- ROBERT SCHWALLER. The College of the Liberal Arts/HISTORY. "Defining Difference in Early New Spain"
- KEVIN ADONIS BROWNE. The College of the Liberal Arts/ENGLISH. "Dimensions of Caribbean Rhetoric"
- JONATHAN GREER. The College of the Liberal Arts/HISTORY. "Dinner at Dan: Sacral Feasting and Social, Political, and Religious Dynamics at Iron Age Tel Dan"
- STACEY ELLEN SHERIFF. The College of the Liberal Arts/ENGLISH. "Rhetoric and Revision: Women’s Arguments for Social Justice in the Progressive Era"
- ADAM WARD. The College of Engineering/CIVIL ENGINEERING. "Characterization of Hyporheic Solute Transport During Tracer Tests using Electrical Geophysics"
- GUSTAVO CAMARGO. The College of Engineering/AGRICULTURAL AND BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING. "Modeling sustainable strategies for farm scale biomass production"
- DANA LYNN ANDRE. The College of Engineering/ENGINEERING SCIENCE AND MECHANICS. "Mechanisms Determining Safety and Performance of Brain Stimulation Electrodes"
- ROMESH PATEL. The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences,/MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. "Novel Polymer/Carbon Nanotube Blends for Organic Solar Cell Applications"
Health & Life Sciences
- MEGAN GERBER. The College of Agricultural Sciences/ANIMAL SCIENCE. "Health factors associated with microchip insertion in horses"
- LI-LUN HO. The Eberly College of Science/INTEGRATIVE BIOSCIENCES. "Activation of Mob as tumor suppressor by Membrane Association in Growth Inhibition"
- MANKIT LAW. The College of Agricultural Sciences/IMMUNOLOGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES. "Identification of drebrin as a potential pharmacological target for immunosuppression"
- RAMYA KARTIKEYAN. The Eberly College of Science/BIOCHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY, AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY. "Regulation of Alternative Splicing in JC polyomavirus"
- BRENDA FRAZIER. The College of the Liberal Arts/ANTHROPOLOGY. "Skull shape and evolution in sister species of different body sizes: the proboscis and simakobu monkeys"
- GINO BANCO. The College of Engineering/MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. "VILLOUS MOTILITY AS A CRITICAL MECHANISM FOR EFFICIENT NUTRIENT ABSORPTION IN THE SMALL INTESTINE"
- HOLLY PRESTON. The College of Health and Human Development/KINESIOLOGY. "Differential Gene Expression in Mechanically Loaded Long Bone Corticies of C57BL/6J and DBA/2J Adult Female Mice"
- JACKIE RASBAND. The College of Health and Human Development/NUTRITION. "Does iron deficiency make you sleepy? Evidence from infants on Pemba Island, Zanzibar"
- ANDREA WIGHT. The College of Health and Human Development/HOTEL, RESTAURANT, AND INSTITUTIONAL MANAGEMENT. "Incorporation of Palm Diacylglycerol Fats Into Food Products"
- ERMITA HERNANDEZ-HEREDIA. The College of Agricultural Sciences/HORTICULTURE. "Integrating sustainable management strategies to suppress bacterial wilt in cucumber"
- DI LU. The College of Arts and Architecture/PERFORMANCE. "Viola solo Mikols Rozsa concerto for viola 2nd movement"
- EMILY BRAND. The College of Arts and Architecture/VOICE PERFORMANCE AND PEDAGOGY. ""Klänge der Heimat" from Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss"
- KO-YU CHAN. The College of Arts and Architecture/PERFORMANCE. " Francois Borne-Carmen Fantasy for flute and piano"
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
- ALFONSO JULIO MENDOZA. Earth & Mineral Sciences/MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING. "Chemical and Structural Studies of Gas Diffusion Layers"
- TANUJ MOTWANI. The College of Agricultural Sciences/FOOD SCIENCE. "Impact of starch gelatinization on the dielectric response of starch-water systems"
- HECTOR SAAVEDRA. The Eberly College of Science/CHEMISTRY. "Reversible Liability by in situ Reaction of Self-Assembled Monolayers"
Social & Behavioral Sciences
- LORI SCOTT. The College of the Liberal Arts/PSYCHOLOGY. "Emotional Reactivity in Women with Borderline Personality Disorder"
- GRAY VARGAS. The College of the Liberal Arts/PSYCHOLOGY. "Positivity of Everyday Experiences Interacts with Social Support to Predict Depression in Multiple Sclerosis"
- SUE BIN JEON. The College of Education/EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP. "Adaptation of East Asian International Graduate Students to American College"
- J. DARA BLOOM. The College of Agricultural Sciences/RURAL SOCIOLOGY. "Hybrid Food Networks: The Role of Conventional Distributors in Building Local Food Systems"
- CARLA SHOFF. The College of Agricultural Sciences/RURAL SOCIOLOGY. "Teenage Fertility: Does Place, Race, or Poverty Matter?"
- JENNIFER SUSAN PRIEM (JOHNSON). The College of the Liberal Arts/COMMUNICATION ARTS AND SCIENCES. "The Illocutionary Force of Supportive Communication: The Effects of Messages Features on Physiological Stress Recovery"
- JONATHAN HEATH ANDERSON. The College of the Liberal Arts/ANTHROPOLOGY. "Investigating Pre-Aztec Imperialism in Central Mexico: Teotihuacan via Tepeaca?"
- ASHLEY ELIZABETH FROST. The College of the Liberal Arts/SOCIOLOGY. "Learning from Feminist Men: Improving Gender, Health, and Development Strategies in Ghana."
- YI-CHING CHIANG. The College of Education/EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP. "No More Spanking -- Taiwan’s Ban on Corporal Punishment: Teachers’ Perceptions of Impact and Meaning"
- HILARY ANNE BARNES. The College of the Liberal Arts/SPANISH. "Sustained bilingualism in an Italo-Mexican Community"
- LU ZHANG. The College of Health and Human Development/HOTEL, RESTAURANT, AND INSTITUTIONAL MANAGEMENT. "The Impact of Brand Relationship on Web Searching"
- Jeffrey VanFossan. The College of Arts and Architecture/ART. ""Chain Gang""
- ROBERT MARTIN. The College of Arts and Architecture/ART. "Cellular portrait of group #2"
- BRYAN BILLINGSLEY. The College of Arts and Architecture/ART. "Thee Spectacular Waterboarding Adventure"
If you are a previous Graduate Exhibition winner and your name is missing from our winner's list, please contact the Graduate School's Public Relations Office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your message, please include your full name, the name of your graduate program and college, the year in which you competed in the Exhibition, the title of your exhibit, and the award placement you received.