Susan McWhirter is the Human Resources Manager for the Vice President for Research and The Graduate School.
Contact Susan McWhirter (firstname.lastname@example.org / 865-8173)
Samantha Weaver is the Human Resources Generalist for the Vice President for Research and The Graduate School.
Contact Samantha Weaver (email@example.com / 865-8172)
- Interpret University policies and procedures. Provide guidance, counsel and advise employees, scholars, and/or dependents regarding forms, legislation, requirements, regulations, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day human resources functions for the Vice President for Research and Graduate School, including recruiting, employment, unemployment and worker's compensation, employee relations, computerized payroll, training sessions, Human Resources Staff meetings, etc.
- Process human resources IBIS forms for payroll actions for faculty, staff and technical-service employees, including foreign national paperwork.
- Serve as liaison between units regarding immigration issues. Determine compliance with requirements and take appropriate action. Contact person in the international office (Lisa Davidson-865-0423)
- Vacancies (internal/external), and advertise jobs outside the University.
- Manage ongoing job review activities (Spec PIQs and Competency), including creation of new positions, and review of existing ones.
- Set salaries for staff appointments.
- Conduct new hire orientations.
- Process reappointments, leaves, technical-service increases, temporary increases, etc., for units.
- Electronic Time Attendance system-vacation and sick leave database. Assist with training on database procedures.
- Handle parking assignments.
- Coordinate promotion and tenure, sabbatical leaves, and faculty evaluations.
- Process retirements and terminations. Conduct exit interviews.
- Administer Research and Graduate School Staff Review and Development Plan annual program, including the technical-service performance appraisal process.
- Provide ongoing guidance on faculty and staff work/life issues.